Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new feature which will allow Aadhaar cardholders to download their own update history. The CEO of UIDAI, Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey, said, "This is yet another innovative and useful facility through which people can now obtain their own Aadhaar update history from the UIDAI's website and can use it in support of their assertion of address, etc. We have launched its Beta version."
This feature will help the Aadhaar holders to view and download the changes made in Aadhaar Database over a period of time. The downloadable document can be produced to verify changes in the credentials.
Aadhaar Holders can download their update history by simple process as follows:
- Go to the website of UIDAI
- Click on Aadhaar Update history
- Enter your Aadhaar card number or Virtual ID and the security captcha number.
- Click on Send OTP
- Once you receive the OTP on your registered mobile number enter it, and press submit
- After submitting the OTP page will be redirected to Aadhaar Update History page.
- Aadhaar Holders can also download and print the history page for future use.
The UIDAI CEO Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey, said, "Providing Aadhaar update history will bring in more trust and further empower people because they can now use their update history to the authorities while applying for jobs, school admissions, various services or benefits, etc., because in most such cases they are usually asked to provide their address for the last two or three years ".and "Aadhaar has emerged not only as a unique identification number but also as the most trusted ID that can be verified online and offline anytime, anywhere."