About the Organizers
CRCJ (Centre for Research in Criminal Justice) of Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU) Mumbai firmly believes that Constitution of India is supreme law of the land & recognizes fundamental rights, especially of women. CRCJ (Centre for Research in Criminal Justice) also believes that it ought to work for bridging the gap of ignorance of the law in society.
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai is a National Law University located at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is the 18th National Law University established in India by The Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, passed by Maharashtra Legislature under the Maharashtra Act No VI of 2014.
About the Workshop
In furtherance of the aims of CRCJ (Centre for Research in Criminal Justice) is organizing One Day Workshop on 16th November 2019 at MNLU Mumbai Campus at Powai.
Following are the thematic areas spread in various sessions:
Theme A: Customary Practice of Triple Talaq Session B: Constitutional and Judicial aspect regulating of Personal Laws Session C: Practical Implications of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019
Speakers for the Programme
- Ishrat Jahan, Petitioner in the Triple Talaq case.
- Narayan Rajadhyaksha – Former Dean Faculty of Law, Former Principal, New Law College, University of Mumbai.
- I.A Saiyed, Law Faculty & Author of a book on Muslim Law.
- Sajjan Oommen, President, Family Court Bar Association, Mumbai.
- Rubeena Rizvi, Director, Rizvi Group of Institutions.
- Z.A. Mukhatiar, Advocate.
- Asma Shaikh, Advocate & Women Rights Activist.
- Mohammed Salim Khan, Faculty KLE Law College, Mumbai.
Participation fee (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
- Early bird registration fee (On of or before 20th October 2019: Rs. 1000 per participant
- Late Registration (From 20th October 2019 onwards): Rs. 1500 per participant
Participants successfully completing the course shall receive a certificate for the same. Duly filled in Registration Form must be mailed to – crcj[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in and CC mail to finance[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in
the prescribed format and with the requisite fees. Account Details for payment of fees through NEFT Name of Bank A/c:
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai. Axis Bank A/c No.:
915010046322292. IFSC Code:
New Marine Lines, Mumbai 400002
For any queries contact: Ms. Khushbu Kiran (kk[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in +91 7739226670) Download the brochure containing the registration form from below. To visit website, click here.