With the arrest of two robbers the police claim to have worked out more than half a dozen cases of snatching, robbery and theft. The police have recovered 13 mobile phones from the accused identified as Rohit 20 years and Sonu 23 years.
Acting on a report filed by a complainant at Amar Colony police station which stated that he was robbed of his expensive mobile phone at knife point.
A team comprising SI Rakesh Kumar, ASI Rajbir, ASI Bhagwat led by RS Dagar under the supervision of Inspector Anant Kumar Gunjan SHO Amar Colony and monitored by Govind Sharma ACP sub-division Kalkaji was formed.
Developing a lead, the police team swung into action and on the basis of intelligence gathered a trap was laid on the road near Jambo House, Okhla Mandi and apprehended both the accused with a scooty DL 3S EB 2284 stolen from Lajpat Nagar and recovered the button accentuated knife used in the commission of the crime. A case vide FIR No. 186/19, under Sections 25/54/59 of the Arms Act, 1959, was registered at PS Amar Colony.
"When the accused were interrogated they revealed that they wanted to make a fast buck that's why they took to crime. They used to feed their addiction to liquor," DCP south east Chinmoy Biswal spoke.
Cases Worked Out
- FIR No.186/19, Dt.09.06.19, U/s 25/54/59 Arms Act, PS Amar Colony
- FIR No. 184/19, Dt.09.06.19, U/s 392/34 IPC, PS Amar Colony
- FIR No. 0119/19, Dt. 04.02.19, U/s 379 IPC, PS Amar Colony
- FIR No. 81/19, Dt. 06.03.19, U/s 379 IPC, PS Amar Colony
- FIR No. 15091/19, Dt. 01.05.19, U/s 379 IPC, PS Lajpat Nagar
- FIR No. 0425/19, Dt. 09.06.19, U/s 379 IPC, PS Lajpat Nagar.