The Central government on Monday notified the transfer of seven High Court judges.
The following are the seven judges whose transfers have been notified:
1. Justice Rajan Gupta - Punjab & Haryana High Court to Patna High Court
2. Justice TS Sivagnanam - Madras to Calcutta
3. Justice Sureshwar Thakur - Himachal Pradesh to Punjab and Haryana
2. Justice PB Bajanthri - Karnataka to Patna
3. Justice Sanjeev Prakash Sharma - Rajasthan to Patna
4. Justice T Amarnath Goud - Telangana to Tripura
5. Justice Subhash Chand - Allahabad to Jharkhand
The recommendation to transfer five of those, Justices Rajan Gupta, PB Bajanthri, Sanjeev Prakash Sharma, T Amarnath Goud and Subhash Chand was first taken in a meeting of the Collegium held on September 16 and was reiterated in the meeting held on September 21.
The recommendation regarding Justice TS Sivagnanamwas also made on September 16.
The recommendation to transfer Justice Sureshwar Thakur was taken at the meeting of the Collegium held on September 21.