The Indian Government released the list of the top 10 best performing police stations in the country for year 2020. PM Narendra Modi’s directions while addressing the 2015 Directors General of Police (DGP) conference in Kutch Gujarat, were considered and noted by the government while making this very list.
The press release by the government said the survey for 2020s best police station was done ministry of home affairs under this challenging circumstances, particularly COVID-19 pandemic situation. It also said that our Home Minister Amit Shah noted that among shortlisted police stations most station were from rural areas and small towns. The top 10 police stations were selected from a total of 16,671 Police stations on certain parameters while among these all 75 police stations were shortlisted for the next round out of all these only 10 were selected and called top 10 best police stations in the nation.
“A total of 4065 respondents participated in this survey,” said the government. While acknowledging that all the states and union territories cooperated for the survey even in this pandemic period. Here is the List of 10 Best Performing Police Stations in India.
- Nongpok Sekmai (Thoubal, Manipur)
- AWPS-Suramangalam (Salem, Tamil Nadu)
- Kharsang (Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh)
- Jhilmili (Surajpur, Chhattisgarh)
- Sanguem (South Goa, Goa)
- Kalighat (North & Middle Andaman, Andaman & Nicobar Islands)
- Pakyong (East district, Sikkim)
- Kanth (Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh)
- Khanvel (Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Dadra & Nagar Haveli)
- Jammikunta Town (Karimnagar, Telangana)