A Lawstreet Journal Initiative that aims to guide Young Legal Professionals on the path to success!
Every year, thousands of bright minds dream of becoming lawyers or having a successful legal career. Along with formal studies, it is important to gain practical exposure in the legal field. It is thus that Law students and young legal professionals across the country look for internships to gain the much-needed experience before spreading their wings out! Keeping in mind the aspirations of young students, we, at Law Street Journal have launched the ‘Online Internship Program for the year 2020! Designed to help patrons gain exposure to legal aspects and train under experts, the program is designed to be a steppingstone to the Legal Profession.
What does the Program entail:
Our exhaustive online internship program provides students with an opportunity to explore several aspects of Legal Journalism, Legal Writing, and preliminary Legal Drafting and Research. Students get to learn in a corporate set-up and experience the nuances of professional life under the hand of experts. Benefits of the LSJ Online Internship Program:
- Exposure to Legal Journalism
- On the Job experience in Legal Writing
- Insight on Legal Research and Drafting
- Opportunity to learn Soft Skills under the guidance of Experts
- Networking with Legal Professionals from across the country
- Free access to bi-weekly/monthly Legal Webinars
- Special Recognition and Monetary Rewards for outstanding performance and more…
In addition to the above-listed benefits of the program, an online internship at the LSJ enables you to author your own articles and have them published on the web! How an internship at LSJ differs from regular internships:
At Law Street Journal, we provide an open environment to interns. Students are equipped with materials to grow and learn each day in a positive space. We understand the pressures of legal education and provide flexible working hours to our interns with a ‘work from anywhere’ policy. Below are the key elements that make interning at the LSJ an enriching experience:
Key responsibilities of Interns under the LSJ Online Internship Program:
- Flexible Work Hours/ Virtual Working: Our internships are designed such that they can be undertaken virtually/online. Students are given daily tasks each morning along with clear guidance on the flow of work and deadlines for submission. We provide ample time to the interns to research on the topic and complete their submissions right from the comfort of their homes!
- Work while you study: An internship at the LSJ doesn’t require students to put their studies on the backburner. Our program is designed to allow interns with ample time to engage in regular college assignments and studies without being pressured to meet deadlines.
- Learn beyond the law: Interning with LSJ goes beyond learning the aspects of Law. We provide our students with a platform to improve their communication skills and get a peek into the corporate world of legal journalism and media. Skills such as time management, professionalism, organization, multitasking, and more are further a part and parcel of the life of an LSJ intern!
- Expert Guidance on-call: In addition to the regular work, Interns at LSJ are free to seek educational and career guidance from seniors. We follow an open policy whereby interns are welcomed to ask doubts and seek help freely.
- Build your network and gain access to useful legal webinars: Interns at LSJ can enhance their network by engaging with like-minded students from various colleges across the country. We also provide our interns with free access to learning boards and online webinars which can help enhance their CVs and gather practical knowledge.
- Keeping abreast with Latest Legal News: Being the top-most name in Legal Media and Publication Industry, LSJ provides interns with an opportunity to study, learn, decode and understand the various nuances of legal journalism and stay updated with the latest global developments and news – all round the clock!
How to apply:
- Writing on assigned Legal Topics succinctly and to the point for daily publication on the LSJ website.
- Conducting thorough research on the latest legal news/developments and building a strong base in Legal Writing
- Interpreting PILs/ Orders/ Judgements/Ordinances/Affidavits and embedding inputs into written form
- Prepare Case Notes and Reports as required
- Always follow the LSJ code of conduct and maintain professional decorum.
Applications for the ‘LSJ Online Internship Program’ and currently open! To apply, send your updated CV’s or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. About Lawstreet Journal (LSJ): LawStreet Journal (LSJ) is an RNI registered online and print media company in India that provides legal vantage points from the streets of law to its readers' vis-à-vis legal updates, write-ups, and various events and opportunities. Renowned within the Legal Media and Publication Industry, LSJ pulls the latest breaking news after accumulating information covering the areas of law, legal studies, and politics.
Join our Online Internship Program Today!