Enquiry Committee comprising the following:
- Justice Indu Malhotra, a former Judge of the Supreme Court of India¬ Chairperson;
- Director General or his nominee not below the rank of Inspector General of Police of National Investigation Agency¬ Member;
- Director General of Police, Union Territory of Chandigarh¬ Member;
- Additional Director General of Police (Security), State of Punjab¬ Member;
- Registrar General, Punjab and Haryana High CourtMember¬cum¬Coordinator.
The following are the Terms of Reference for the Enquiry Committee:
- What were the causes for the security breach for the incident on 5th January 2022?
- Who are responsible for such a breach, and to what extent?
- What should be the remedial measures or safeguards necessary for the security of the Hon’ble Prime Minister or other Protectees?
- Any suggestions or recommendations for improving the safety and security of other Constitutional functionaries.
- Any other incidental issue that the Committee may deem fit and proper.
AN IMP OBSERVATION IN THE JUDGMENT-
"THESE QUESTIONS CANNOT BE LEFT TO BE RESOLVED THROUGH "ONE-SIDED ENQUIRIES.THEREFORE WE DEEM IT APPROPRIATE TO APPOINT AN ENQUIRY COMMITTEE"
"we are of the considered opinion that these questions cannot be left to be resolved through one-sided enquiries. A judicially trained independent mind, duly assisted by officers who are well acquainted with the security considerations and the Registrar General of the High Court who has seized the record pursuant to our earlier order, would be best placed to effectively visit all issues and submit a comprehensive report for the consideration of this Court. "