Recently, a scheme has been inaugurated by the Kerala High Court’s Association in which the Advocates will be able to buy laptops on EMI at a very low down payment of Rs.2,050. This scheme is basically launched to help the Advocates with the E-Filling and to attend virtual hearings without facing problems related to the inability to afford technological apparatus like laptops.
Some of the features of this scheme:
- Laptops can be bought with a very low down payment cost i.e. Rs.2,050.
- For junior Advocates between 1-7 years of experience and age below 35 years, the down payment is subsidized by KHACC junior lawyers' welfare fund.
- The laptop provided is, Dell Vostro 349J with intel i3 10th generation processor and 8GB DDT4 RAM.
- The laptop will be offered at the price of Rs.35,297 which includes Kerala Food Cess. The actual price of the laptop in dell web stores is Rs.59,512 and in other E-commerce websites, it is Rs.46,644.
- The additional services provided are licensed windows and licensed home office.
- The member who avails the loan facility will have to pay the balance amount in 36 monthly installments of Rs.1.097/- each.
- It is designed especially for HD video conferencing 720P resolution and WLAN BT and 3 cell 42 Wh battery.
Justice Anil k Narendran inaugurated the scheme in the presence of Advocate Philipose Thomas, Chairman of KSFE, and Advocate Lakshmi Narayan R, President of the KHCAA. Secretary of KHCAA, T.K. Ajithkumar informed that they are planning to introduce more schemes like these for giving assistance to the members based on how successful it turns out to be.