One of the most prestigious academicians and a former member of the Law Commission of India, Prof (Dr.) Mool Chand Sharma passed away on 7th September, Monday. He was one of the most renowned and eminent Professors of Law at the Delhi University and also the Founder, Vice-Chancellor of the Central University of Haryana (CUH).
As per the details mentioned on the CUH website, Professor Sharma held a Doctorate of Juridical Science (SJD) from the North-western University Law School, Chicago. He has many positions of responsibility and stature during his whole career cycle. Some of them are as follows:
- He has been Vice-Chairperson of UGC
- Director of NLIU Bhopal
- Senior Research Advisor at NHRC
- Expert Legal Advisor of the Law Commission of India
- He has also served as the member of the National Commission for Women
- National Research Advisor, Ford Foundation
- Joint Registrar of Research, Supreme Court
The latest contributions of Prof. (Dr) Mool Chand Sharma include a book titled “The Constitution of India: Celebrating and Calibrating 70 years- A Compendium of Articles”, which was presented to the President of India by the Bar Association of India in the month of August 2020. He was a celebrated persona of our legal fraternity, an activist, society builder, and a true teacher who kindled the spirits of the students.