The City Civil and Sessions Court at Dindoshi, Mumbai has on October 26, 2018, rejected the plea filed by actor Alok Nath’s wife, Ashu Nath on October 13, 2018, seeking an injunction order against Vinta Nanda from talking about being allegedly raped by the actor 19 years ago.
Sessions Judge S.V. Baghele while rejecting the application said that the court cannot pass such an order at this stage of proceedings and since the matter relates to Nath, his wife cannot be allowed to intervene.
The matter pertains to a Facebook post by Nanda, as part of #MeToo campaign, on October 8, 2018, in which she claims to have been raped and sexually harassed by Alok Nath on the sets of the popular 90s TV show Tara.
It said, “I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised. I couldn’t get up from my bed. I told some of my friends but everybody advised me to forget about it and move on. My company was closed but I got a job to write and direct a series for Plus Channel. The man found his way through the casting route and became one of the lead actors on the show.”
Alok Nath, contending the claims to be false had filed a civil defamation suit against Nanda seeking a written apology along with the monetary compensation of Re.1 and also an injunction order refraining her from publicly making any statements in this regard. Thereafter, on October 18, 2018, Nanda had also lodged a police complaint against the actor.