The staff of police station Amar Colony busted a gang of burglars and arrested five members of the gang. The gang was said to have been operating in the area for some time. The modus operandi was that they recceed the target, broke in, burgled and transferred the stolen cash to their relatives in Bangladesh.
The police also recovered cash rupees 3.4 lakh, 150 gms gold jewellery, diamond rings, 13 expensive watches and 6 mobiles phones.
With this arrest, the police claim to have solved four cases of burglary. The tools used in breaking in houses have been recovered from the accused identified as Mehmood alias Mamu 34 years, Mohammad Zakir alias Alamgir 35 years, Fakru alias Arif 34 years, Rama Shanker Kushwaha also known as Pappu alias Bilori, 25 years and Abdul alias Monu Budha 65 years.
Working day in day out on a complaint lodged by one shopkeeper at PS Amar Colony with a case vide FIR no. 155/19, under Sections 454 and 380 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860, the police reached the arrest after a long chase.
A team comprising SI Abhishek Mishra, Head constable Zafar, Head Constable Udaiveer, Head Constable Rajesh Rai with others led by SHO inspector Anant Kumar Gunjan under the close supervision of Govind Sharma, ACP sub-division Kalkaji was constituted.
The CCTV footage was examined that eventually led to the arrest after developing a lead in this connection. The police nabbed them from Sarai Kale Khan near Hazrat Nizamuddin flyover.
Mehmood worked as a car cleaner whereas his wife as a domestic help, he while working carried out a recce before targeting the houses.
"The gang would prefer the day to commit the crime, one of the members stayed out of the targeted house to keep a watch around. After the execution of crime, they would decamp with the items burgled and reassemble at Mehmood's house at Sarai Kale Khan and share the booty among themselves. They, when interrogated, disclosed that they would transfer the stolen money to their kins in Bangladesh," Chinmoy Biswal DCP south-east district spoke.
There figured a name Chand Miyan who sent the money to Bangladesh through hawala.
The case has been registered and further probe is underway
Details of the accused:-
(1) Md Zakir @ Alamgir - 20 cases of Burglary of PS Jamia Nagar, Shahin Bagh and other PSs.
(2) Rama Shanker Kushwaha @ Pappu @ Bilori - 12 cases of Burglary, Dacoity of PS Railway New Delhi, Shakarpur, Tilak Nagar, and Crime Branch.
(3) Abdul @ Monu Budha - 17 cases of Burglary, Robbery and Arms Act of PS Kamla Market, Kotwali, Mehrauli, Shakarpur.
(4) Fakru @ Arif - 01 case of assault of PS H.N.Din.
Cases worked out:-
(1) FIR NO.155/19 dated 3/05/19, U/s 454/380/411/34 IPC, P.S: Amar Colony.
(2) FIR NO.66/19 dated 23/02/19, U/s 457/380 IPC, P.S: Amar Colony.
(3) FIR NO.61/19 dated 16/02/19, U/s 454/380 IPC, P.S: Amar Colony.
(4) FIR NO.151/19 da