The sleuths of Crime Branch busted a gang and arrested 7 men running this crime syndicate, recovered 311 mobile phones worth rupees 60 lacs from them.
Acting on a tip- off, Inter State Cell Crime Branch swung into action, the information saif that a gang is involved in sending stolen and robbed smart phones to Nepal. This information was developed, which revealed that a group of persons working in a very systematic manner are sending snatched and robbed mobile phones to Nepal. A dedicated team was constituted under the supervision of ACP Jasbir Singh, led by Inspector Gurmeet Singh comprising SI Surendra Sharma, ASIs Sanjay, Yashpal, Surender Rathi, Abhey and others. It's a chain the police finally snapped it.
The Nepalese receiver had a salaried employee in Delhi used to coordinate the movements of these mobile phones from Delhi to Nepal and would also facilitate the payment for these phones through illegal channels of monetary transactions.
A complainant reported that she came to Connaught place and one boy riding on a Honda Activa snatched her Mobile Phones.
The accused disclosed that they had worked in the Gaffar Market for the last couple of years as a mobile repair man. However, due to the regular raids by police agencies and fall in the rates of mobile phones, the job of repairing and re -sale of mobile phones dropped alarmingly. Where the demand of used expensive mobile phones has gone up in Nepal and other neighbouring countries. As the IMEI search of the stolen snatched mobile phone is restricted within India, this gave them a new channel to dispose of the stolen, robbed, mobile phones. The regular bus transport services made it possible to send the mobile phone to Nepal and thus it became quite a lucrative and high return business.
Those arrested have been identified as Naresh Kumar 30 years, 211 phones have been recovered from his possession.
Mukesh Kumar 38 Years, he used to purchase stolen mobile phones from the snatchers and pickpockets and hand it over to Naresh.
Naresh Kumar 27 Years, he used to purchase stolen mobile phones from the snatchers and pickpockets and hand it over to Naresh mentioned above.
FIR NO. 432/2007 U/s 52/63 Copy Right Act Ps Karol Bagh
Rajan alias Ajeet 28 years, he used to purchase stolen mobile phones from the snatchers and pickpockets and hand it over to Naresh.
- FIR NO. 306/2013 U/s 379/34 IPC PS Prasad Nagar.
- FIR No. 0085/16 U/s 323/354a/34 IPC Nabi Karim
- FIR No. 642/2015 U/s 392 IPC PS Paharganj
- Fir No. 252/2015 U/s 392/34 IPC PS Pahargarnj
- FIR NO. 626/2015 U/s 356/379/34 IPC PS Paharganj
- FIR NO. 232/2016 U/s 392/34 IPC PS Paharganj.
Ram Singh 58 Years, a Nepalese receiver.
Gopal Pathak 31 Years he used to purchase stolen mobile phones from the snatchers and pickpockets and hand it over to Naresh.
Rohit aka Kake 23 years, he is a habitual snatcher and robber, used to sell the snatched and robbed mobile phones to accused Naresh Kumar.
- FIR 247/2011 U/s 25/54/59 Arms Act PS Sultanpuri
- FIR No. 53/2013 U/s 380/411 Ps Moti Nagar
- FIR No. 252/2014U/s 380/411 Ps Nihal Vihar
- FIR No. 510/2014 U/s 457/380/411 IPC Ps Nihal vihar
- E FIR 35049/2016 U/s 379/411 IPc PS Nihal vihar
- Fir No. 724/2018 U/s 356/379/411 IPC PS Aman vihar
The police claim to have worked out these cases.
(1) FIR NO 344/2019 U/s 379/34 IPC Ps Samaypur Badli
(2) FIR NO 780/2018 U/s 356/379/34 IPC Ps Dabri
(3) FIR NO 519/2019 U/s 379 IPC Ps Karol Bagh
(4) FIR NO. OD-NG-000654/2019 U/s 379 IPC Ps Nangloi
(5) Fir No. 595/2019 U/s 356/379/34 IPC Ps Connaught Place
(6) FIR No. 425/2019 U/s 379 IPC PS Bharat Nagar.