Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented technology lawyer to be based in New Delhi as lead legal support for Amazon Web Services in India. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more.
This position will primarily support AWS's products, operations, and business development initiatives. A successful candidate will provide ongoing legal counsel and (contract and regulatory) interpretation and guidance for senior executives and other business and legal team members on a variety of product development, operational, and compliance matters (e.g., new product support, data protection compliance, and law enforcement response).
The candidate also will be expected to participate in other Amazon legal projects and support related business growth opportunities, including the management and resolution of legal and regulatory issues that arise under current and future operations, responding to regulatory inquiries, and supporting Sales and Public Policy teams.
A strong background in technology and the cloud industry is a plus. A successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
- Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading university and law school.
- Licensed to practice law in India and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisdiction.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong transactional and technology regulatory experience, as well in-depth understanding of Indian law and practices.
- A minimum of 6+ years of legal experience (with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
- A successful candidate must be mature, enthusiastic, fast learning, self-motivated, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills in English.
- Familiar with cloud computing, IT infrastructure and telecommunications.
- In-house experience at a technology or internet company.
To apply, click here.