The Kashmir University National Moot Court Competition, 2018 shall be held from 2nd to 4th September, 2018 at School of Law, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar, Kashmir – 190006.Eligibility
All students currently enrolled in L.L.B or B.A. L.L.B (5 years) degree programme, in any Law School/College/University/Institution are eligible for participation.Team Composition
Each team shall be composed of three (3) members (two speakers and one researcher). A two (2) member team, in which both the members are speakers, is also eligible. No change in team composition shall be permitted once the registration of the team has been confirmed by the organisers. No additional/observer member shall be entitled to hospitality or certificate. Provided that, in case of any contingency or emergency, the researcher may substitute the mooter with prior permission of the organizers. Registration
- Only one team per institution is allowed to register in the competition.
- A total of 25 (twenty-five) teams will be accommodated for the competition. In case the number of registrations exceeds twenty-five, the short-listing of the teams will be done on the basis of memorial knock-out.
- Team members shall clearly fill up the form with correct spelling of each team member’s name and other details, as may be required in the registration form. The names entered in the form will be used for all official purposes such as issuing of certificates, etc.
- The registration process involves following two steps:
- Step 1: Email
Each team must register through electronic means by sending a scanned copy of the duly filled registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 10th July, 2018. The form must be sent through the official email id of the Moot Court Committee (or faculty in charge of the moot court) of the institution of the participating team.
- Step 2: Post
A hard copy of Registration form duly filled and signed must be sent to the below-mentioned address through registered post latest by 20th July 2018.
Hakim Yasir Abbas, Assistant Professor, School of Law, University of Kashmir,
Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, 190006 Ph: 9596049501
- The official language, for all purposes of the competition, shall be English only.
- The registration fees for the competition is Rs. 1000/- which is to be paid (in cash) on 2nd September 2018 before the inaugural session.
- Last Date for Registration [Via Email]: July 10 (Scanned Copies of the Registration Form to be emailed to the organisers at email@example.com)
- Issue of Team Identification Number [TIN]: July 11
- Last Date for Receipt of Hard Copies of Registration Form: July 20
- Last Date for requesting Clarifications about the Moot Problem: July 25
- Issue of Clarification to the teams: July 30
- Last Date to Receive Soft Copies of the Memorials: Aug 10 (To be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Release of List of Teams Selected for Oral Rounds: Aug 20
- Last Date to Receive Hard Copies of the Memorials: Aug 27
- Dates of Competition: Sep 2-Sep 4
Mr. Hakim Yasir Abbas (Organising Secretary): 9596049501, 7889697136