Delhi Disaster Management Authority has decided to impose strict instructions to contain Covid -19. In its meeting of 10th January headed by the Lt. Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal observed that the covid positivity rate had jumped over 23% during the past few weeks.
The DDMA through under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act. 2005, restricted certain activities in Delhi. These are as follows.
1) (i) All Private Offices shall be closed, except those which are falling under the Exempted Category as prescribed in DDMA's GRAPOrder No. 460 dated 08.08.2021 (listed below). The practice of work from home shall be followed.
(ii) All Restaurants & Bars shall be closed. However, restaurants will be allowed only for home delivery I takeaway of food items.
In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the prov1s1ons of section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005 Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws, besides imposition of fines as per notification of Health & Family Welfare Department, GNCTD.
This order shall not prohibit any further restrictions I measures imposed by any other Department or Authority or lnst1tut1on empowered under any relevant law to control the spread of COVID-19 virus as well as for any other purpose.
ESSENTIAL GOODS AND SERVICES"
Includes the following:
- Hospitals, Diagnostic centres, Clinics, vaccinations, Medical Insurance offices, Pharmacies, Pharmaceutical companies, other medical and health services including supporting manufacturing and distribution units along with their dealers, transport and supply chain. Manufacturing and distribution of vaccines, sanitizers, masks, medical equipments & their ancillaries, raw material units and support services.
- Food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, opticians, medicines and medical equipments, educational books for students and electric fans.
- Veterinary services / Animal Care Shelters and pet food shops.
- News papers distribution.
- Accredited Media.
- Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs, SEBI/ Stock related offices.
- Reserve Bank of India and services designated by RBI as essential.
- Telecommunications, Internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT enabled services.
- Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- Water supply, Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
- Cold storage and warehousing services.
- Transport of goods.
- All cargo services.
- Aviation and related services (airlines, airports, maintenance, cargo ground services, catering, fueling, security etc.)
- Government and Private Security services.
- Services provide by self-employed persons such as electricians, plumbers, repairing of water purifiers etc.
- Agriculture related activities and all allied activities required to ensure seamless continuity of the agricultural sector Including availability of farming inputs, seeds, fertilizers, equipments and repairs thereof.
- Data Centers / Cloud Services / IT services supporting critical infrastructure and services. s) Postal services.
- Custom House Agents / Licensed Multi Modal Transport Operators associated with movement of vaccines / lifesaving drugs / pharmaceutical products.
- Any services designated as essential services by Delhi Disaster Management Authority.
Include the following:
- Private Banks.
- Offices of companies providing essential services
- Insurance / Medlclalm Companies
- Pharmaceutical company offices needed for management of production / distribution.
- RBI regulated entitles and Intermediaries including standalone primary dealers, CCIL, NPCI, payment system operators and financial market participants operating In RBI regulated markets.
- All Non-Banking Financial Corporations
- All Micro Finance Institutions.
- Offices of advocates If operations of courts, Tribunals or Commissions of Enquiries are on.
- Courier services.
THE GOVERNMENT OFFICES INVOLVED IN ESSENTIAL AND EMERGENCY SERVICES include the following:
Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire and emergency Services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Services, GAD, Power, Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air / Railways / Delhi Metro / Buses) including all incidental services / activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport (such as handling of cargo, ticketing air freight station, CFS, !CD etc.), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal Services, DCPCR, CCis, Childllne Helpline, ewes, Department of women & Child Development and all other essential services.
All Judicial officers / officials /staff members of all courts of Delhi (Hon'ble Supreme Court of India / Hon'ble High Court of Delhi / District Courts / Tribunals).