The Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship programme provides a unique opportunity to young leaders across India to work within Delhi government to address some of the most pressing urban challenges in India, and experience what ‘making change happen’ looks like.
The Fellowship aims to attract outstanding young men and women from across the country under the age of 35 years who are passionate about public service and are willing to work for two years.
- Fellows will be assigned to work with Ministers or Senior officials across various departments of Delhi government such as Education, Health, Water, Environment, Transport, Art & Culture etc.
- Fellows will provide analytical support in the formulation of policies, implementation of projects and various governance initiatives.
- Remuneration of INR 1,25,000 per month will be provided to Fellows (20 positions) and INR 75,000 per month will to Associate Fellows (10 positions).
Eligibility Criteria for Fellows (either one of the following should apply):
- D. degree with minimum one year full-time work experience.
- Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 3 years fulltime work experience. Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class will be considered as “Post-Graduate”.
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible to apply for Fellows if they have minimum 3 years of post-registration work experience.
- Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 5 years full-time work experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Associate Fellows (either one of the following should apply):
- Post-Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA). Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc. with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th class will be considered as “Post Graduate”.
- Graduate with minimum 60% of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum one year full-time work experience.
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries etc. who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible to apply for Associate Fellows if they have minimum one year of post-registration work experience.
Extra weightage will be given to candidates with:
- Superior academic performance and achievement.
- Greater full-time work experience.
- Relevant work experience in public service and development sector, especially governments.
- Demonstration of outstanding achievements and leadership potential.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The selection process of the Fellowship programme will consist of two rounds:
- Online Application: The first round of shortlisting will be done based on academic and professional qualifications of the applicants, and their responses to personal statement question in the online application. Candidates will be evaluated on criteria such as academic performance, credibility of institution, total years and relevance of work experience, and motivation for the Fellowship programme. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview round.
- Interview: The final round will consist of a face-to-face interview with a panel comprising officials from the Government of NCT of Delhi, and experts from academia and civil society. Candidates will be interviewed either in-person in Delhi (preferred) or through video conferencing
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here.
Application Deadline: November 4, 2018.
Fellowship Begins: January 7, 2019.
For further details, click here.