The Faculty of Law – Amsterdam Law School – aims to attract talented students to its LLM programmes. Holland Scholarships are available for those who completed their LLB degree with flying colors.
Applications must be received before April 1, 2019, with respect to scholarships for the academic year 2019-2020.
Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for a Holland Scholarship when they meet the following criteria:
- They have completed an LLB degree with an average grade of 7.5 (on a scale from 1-10) and been admitted to one of the Amsterdam Law School’s LLM programmes.
- No more than five years have elapsed between obtaining the LLB degree and starting the LLM programme.
- They have not already obtained an LLM or any other master degree at the University of Amsterdam, and have not been granted another scholarship.
- The eligibility assessment will be made on the basis of an HS motivation letter, grade point average, resume motivation letter and letters of reference regarding your academic qualities.
Only students who are admitted to one of the LLM programmes of the Amsterdam Law School can be awarded a scholarship. Students will be selected on the basis of academic merit. Decisions will be made in May/June 2019. Applicants will be informed before July 1, 2019.
How to apply?
Applicants should write an HS motivation letter describing in no more than 500 words their motivation to receive the scholarship. This letter should be accompanied by the other required application documents:
- A printed version of the completed online application form
- Certified copy of university transcript including grades
- Certified copy of university diploma
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge)
- Two letters of reference written by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor
- HS motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents must be sent to:
The University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Law School, P.O. Box 1030, NL-1000 BA Amsterdam, Netherlands.
For registered post:
The University of Amsterdam, Admissions Office Amsterdam Law School, Valckenierstraat 59, 1018 XE Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The scholarship, which can range from € 1,000 to € 7,500 and will be paid out in 12 monthly installments.
- Holland Scholarships are only awarded to applicants who are admitted to one of the LLM programmes of the Faculty of Law – Amsterdam Law School.
- Scholarships granted for the academic year 2019-2020 cannot be transferred to another academic year.
- Holland Scholarships are not available to those who have been granted another full scholarship.
- Students who are awarded a Holland Scholarship are expected to complete the LLM programme to which they have been admitted within one year (30 EC per semester) and otherwise maintain good academic standing. The scholarship may be terminated when the student does not obtain 30 EC in the first semester.
- Students who are granted a Holland Scholarship are required to assent to the conditions attached to the scholarship in writing prior the grant of the scholarship.
The Scholarship for two-year Research Master’s programmes
Students enrolled in the Research Master who are granted a Holland Scholarship will be evaluated after one year of study. If the student has 50 EC on August 1, and a positive recommendation from the coordinator of the programme, the scholarship will be continued for one more year.
For official notification, click here.