According to e-mails that have been reviewed by ‘The Post’, Russia’s assertion that President Biden’s son Hunter was “financing . . . biological laboratories in Ukraine” was based out of truth. Existence of several emails that pointed towards something big, was reported by ‘The Post’ in October 2020. It was reported that Biden’ s son played a role in helping a California defense contractor in analyzing killer diseases and bioweapons in Ukraine.
Moscow has claimed that secret American biological-warfare labs in Ukraine produced biochemical weapons at Biden family’s behest. “US President Joe Biden himself is involved in the creation of bio laboratories in Ukraine,” Russia’s State Duma speaker, Vyacheslav Volodin said. They further went on to say that this was the reason for their unprovoked invasion of the neighboring country in the last few days. “An investment fund run by his son Hunter Biden funded research and the implementation of the United States military biological program’. It is obvious that Joe Biden, as his father and the head of state, was aware of that activity,” he added. Volodin has sought US Congressional investigation and a White House explanation, in the said regard.
US intelligence officials had earlier dismissed Russia’s similar assertion. However, this new claim by Russia’s that Biden’s Son’s investment fund was involved in raising money for biolab projects in Ukraine was accurate, according to e-mails involving Hunter Biden’s dealings in Ukraine, first obtained by ‘The Post’. The said news was first reported by ‘The Daily Mail Friday’.
According to the e-mails found on the computer, which was abandoned at a Delaware repair shop in April 2019 as Joe Biden ran for president, the following could be deduced:
- Rosemont Seneca Technology Partners invested $500,000 in the San Francisco pathogen research company Metabiota and raised millions more through firms that included Goldman Sachs.
- Hunter introduced Metabiota to officials at Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company where he was a board member, for a “science project” involving bio labs in Ukraine.
- A memo from a Metabiota official to the then-vice president’s son in 2014 said the company could “Assert Ukraine’s cultural and economic independence from Russia.”
- Metabiota Vice President Mary Guttieri also wrote to Hunter about geopolitical issues involving the company’s research in the former Soviet republic in April 2014, two months after Russia invaded and annexed the Crimea region.
- “As promised, I’ve prepared the attached memo, which provides an overview of Metabiota, our engagement in Ukraine, and how we can potentially leverage our team, networks, and concepts to assert Ukraine’s cultural and economic independence from Russia and continued integration into Western society,” her memo read.
- Days later, Burisma executive Vadym Pozharskyi wrote to Biden about a “as you called ‘Science Ukraine’ project.” “As I understand the Metabiota was a subcontract to principal contactor of the DoD B&V [engineering firm Black & Veatch],” his e-mail read. “What kind of partnership Metabiota is looking for in Ukraine?” it further said.