Trilegal has joined the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and UN Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in order to promote gender equality in the workplace.
Trilegal is one of India's leading law firms with offices in four of India's major cities - Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurugram and Mumbai.
The following are the seven principles:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
- Treat all women and men fairly at work - respect and support human rights and non-discrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers.
- Promote education, training and professional development for women.
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
Trilegal said in a news statement that by signing the WEPs, it hopes to set an example and foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as to adhere to these principles in text and spirit.
Sridhar Gorthi, a partner and member of the firm's executive committee, commented on the situation, saying:
"The company is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive workplace where employees of all backgrounds may succeed. Without a doubt, having a diverse range of thoughts and viewpoints enhances the company and helps us to better serve our clients. We are excited to work with WeEmpowerAsia and help them take their efforts to the next level."
WeEmpowerAsia is a UN Women initiative sponsored by and in conjunction with the European Union that aims to increase the number of women in China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam who lead and participate in business.
The WEPs were launched in 2019 with the goal of promoting inclusive and sustainable growth as well as building more gender-sensitive trade and supply networks between European and Asian markets.
UN Women is a United Nations agency committed to promoting gender equality and women's empowerment. The group, which was founded in 2010 to accelerate progress on women's rights throughout the world, is a global advocate for women and girls.