About the organisation
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt of India intends to engage the following position, purely on Contractual basis, initially for a period of One year and invite application from interested and eligible candidates.
Post of Consultant (Legal) at Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI).
Number of vacancies
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Should be retired Central/ State Government employees/ Retired PSU employees at the Level 8 or above equivalent to Section Officer or above, having relevant experience in legal matters.
- Individuals from Non-Government/Private/Consultancy Firms/Multinational organizations with a minimum of 8 years of relevant post qualification experience would be considered.
- Strong understanding of legal requirements in Indian context.
- Person having relevant experience of working with Inland Water Transport/Ports/Shipping etc. will be preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of legal systems & structures.
- Understanding and experience in all aspects of relevant legal area.
- Skillful with business management, leadership, and strategic legal approaches.
- Commercially aware and able to act in IWAI’s best interests.
- Understanding of property rights and laws, contract negotiations, corporate law, and real estate law including construction.
- Communication and relationship management skills.
- Sound understanding of legal ethics.
- Skills in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Hindi and English languages.
Rs. 50,000 (Rs. fifty thousand only) per month.
How to apply
The closing/ last date for receipt of application is 23/05/2019, with application in prescribed proforma, to be addressed to the Assistant Secretary (R.&T.), IWAI, A-13, Sector1, Noida-201301 (UP), through registered post/speed post.
Read the official notification below.