Role context and purpose
The candidate will be part of the corporate legal team and will provide legal support to the internal stakeholders in their line of business. Key Responsibilities
What are we looking for?
- The candidate will be required to partner with and support the local terms from various departments to understand the project requirements or risks, complete the contract review and/or draft, collaborate with the line of business and legal team, and participate in the negotiations, as required.
- The candidates will support review and negotiations from a commercial and legal perspective and engage internal subject matter experts, as needed, including, finance, procurement, product development, HR etc.
- Contract drafting, review, and negotiations to help internal stakeholders close agreements as per the established company guidelines and TAT’s
- Conducting Risk/GAP analysis and preparation of deviation reports or memo’s to advice internal stakeholders on various issues and projects.
- Legal research on relevant regulations applicable to the auto industry.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining legal database for contracts and other legal documents.
- Assist in preparing and updating standard templates that may be used by business team to cover various business transactions.
- Keep track of legal work handle at the business location and update the cross fucntions as and when required.
- Legal compliance and management: you will have to manage and monitor statutory compliances for UK Tech Centre.
- Patent search and filing: assist the product development team in preparing briefs for patent attorney to do patent search/filing.
For more information and to apply online, click here
- Experience in auto industry desirable
- Spoken and written proficiency on Tamil language is desirable
- Sound legal knowledge and analytical approach to legal issues (exposure to project management)
- Exposure to contract disputes, including alternate dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Able to work in the team and having good communication and drafting skill
- 8-12 years of post-qualification experience as in-house lawyer in a multinational company.