Role context and purpose
The candidate will be part of the corporate legal team and will provide legal support to the internal stakeholders in their line of business.
- The candidate will be required to partner with and support the local terms from various departments to understand the project requirements or risks, complete the contract review and/or draft, collaborate with the line of business and legal team, and participate in the negotiations, as required.
- The candidates will support review and negotiations from a commercial and legal perspective and engage internal subject matter experts, as needed, including, finance, procurement, product development, HR etc.
- Contract drafting, review, and negotiations to help internal stakeholders close agreements as per the established company guidelines and TAT’s
- Conducting Risk/GAP analysis and preparation of deviation reports or memo’s to advice internal stakeholders on various issues and projects.
- Legal research on relevant regulations applicable to the auto industry.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining legal database for contracts and other legal documents.
- Assist in preparing and updating standard templates that may be used by business team to cover various business transactions.
- Keep track of legal work handle at the business location and update the cross fucntions as and when required.
- Legal compliance and management: you will have to manage and monitor statutory compliances for UK Tech Centre.
- Patent search and filing: assist the product development team in preparing briefs for patent attorney to do patent search/filing.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in auto industry desirable
- Spoken and written proficiency on Tamil language is desirable
- Sound legal knowledge and analytical approach to legal issues (exposure to project management)
- Exposure to contract disputes, including alternate dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Able to work in the team and having good communication and drafting skill
- 8-12 years of post-qualification experience as in-house lawyer in a multinational company.
For more information and to apply online, click here.