The IBM Legal department and other internal business leaders rely on sound fact-based information to make decisions pertaining to crimes and other illegal activities affecting IBM, joint investigations with external investigative bodies, and other contentious matters. Investigations professionals are trained in the rules of evidence, investigative techniques, and relevant laws to perform as 'fact finder' and investigations liaison for IBM.
Who you are
You would be part of the Legal Advise on Legal matters. You would Responsible for advising and assisting at the corporate, division or business unit level and act advice on legal matters.What you’ll do
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Will work with management on matters.
- Reviews, interprets and counsels on relevant local laws, court rulings, policies and practices.
- Drafts and reviews agreements and other legal related documents.
- Advice on regulatory matters, strategic issues and assist in maintaining a compliance posture of business. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for advising product development and/or marketing strategies and implement these by preparing agreements /commitments within the confines of the law.
- Advises management on the legal/ethical aspects arising from day-to-day business activities and/or within a specialty area of legal practice such human resources related issues. Assist with negotiations/communications with customers, external government agencies/representatives, outside counsel, etc.
- Handles claims against the company, and assists with the preparation for litigation or arbitration proceedings, queries from regulator including the coordination of efforts by corporate staff and outside counsel. Develops ongoing and future strategies to avoid potentially damaging legal situations regarding product development, marketing strategies, etc. which often involves working closely with internal management teams and in-house counsels representing other countries to ensure appropriate implementation
- Negotiating agreements with customers, vendors and other stakeholders. The role will have a lot of interface with external entities and hence requires that the candidate to have legal skills and significant experience of handling and negotiating deals with external entities.
- The role will involve outstation travel.
- 4 years relevant experience.
For more information and to apply online, click here.
- Experience in providing accurate and effective legal advice.
- Experience in adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive.
- Drafting skills to draft contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, regulators, etc.
- Knowledge of law
- Knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial.
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on complex matters.
- Experience in managing and conducting a variety of troubled/ litigation matters.