The Intellectual Property Team is focused on providing efficient and scalable Mastercard protection of Mastercard’s intangible assets through technology, training, management of outside counsel and using shared resources for routine work and central accountability for process.
The team provides key legal advice and support for Mastercard business units. Our critical legal capabilities power Mastercard Mastercard’s strategy and we lead the development and safeguarding of critical intellectual property assets by promoting the protection of patentable ideas, enforcing Mastercard’s rights in relation to patents, trademarks and other intellectual property, and raising awareness of the need to protect Mastercard’s IP assets.
The role will involve acting as the principal day-to-day advisor to Mastercard’s technology and product development groups in relation to intellectual property matters, including providing counsel on the impact of IP issues on business operations and activities. The position is located in Mastercard’s technology hub in Pune, India, while also providing services to Mastercard business units in Vadodara, and Mumbai.
- Be qualified to practice as a lawyer and/or a patent agent/attorney in India or another common law jurisdiction (UK, US, Australia, Canada, NZ).
- Have demonstrated experience in intellectual property, especially patent and trademark matters.
- Have the ability to support matters relating to infringement, validity, patent litigation and licensing.
- Have experience directly interacting with clients and preparing, filing and managing own files.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Have demonstrated experience as a post-qualification Patent Agent/Attorney or IP lawyer with a patent attorney firm, a law firm that specializes in Intellectual Property, and/or the intellectual property department of a global company.
- Be a self-motivated team player who is people-centric, entrepreneurial and results-oriented. Ability to assume significant responsibility in a dynamic fast-paced environment, to prioritize and to work closely with clients as a true business partner/advisor.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For more information and to apply online, click here.