The Employment & Labor (EL) Legal team within the Law & Policy Group is looking to hire an experienced senior attorney to support the HR teams and business managers across China.
A senior employment attorney requires both high technical skill, strategic, ER and inter-personal skills. This is a fast paced role in a lean but busy EL Legal and HR team dealing with a wide range of employment law legal issues. Reporting to the Director of ELL Greater Asia Region (GAR) you will be supporting all BU divisions of Intel across the region and providing strategic leadership and oversight of compliance, investigations, litigation management and training related to labor relations, performance management, compensation, workforce restructuring, workplace practices, leaves, terminations, investigations, recruiting and hiring practices.
As such, the role requires a good understanding of the labor laws across a number of the countries across GAR, in particular, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. Qualifications
Nice to have
- Either a legal qualification from one of the jurisdictions in GAR or a relevant jurisdiction outside of GAR (e.g. qualification from a common law jurisdiction)
- At least 10+ years of legal experience, including experience working in-house for an MNC.
- At least 5 of those years advising on Asia Employment and Labor Laws with strong substantive knowledge of relevant employment and labor laws across the Asia countries.
- Business level language skills in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to influence senior and difficult stakeholders
- Excellent inter personal skills – the ability to listen well, articulate clearly and concisely the legal/ER/Labor Relations risks well with a view to providing practical solutions to the business/HR (based on a WIN/WIN approach for legal compliance + business needs)
- Excellent legal and business judgment, high standards and impeccable integrity.
- Ability to work well both independently and successfully collaborate with other legal and business colleagues in fast paced geographically dispersed organization.
- Ability to be recognized in the GAR region (internal and external) as a credible employment/labor lawyer and adviser.
For more information and to apply online, click here
- Experience at a prestigious/top-tier law firm prior to being in-house.
- A proven track record of proactively managing complex legal, ER and Labor Relations matters.
- Understand fully the requirement to be a proactive risk manager (prevention v cure approach)
- Focus on delivering results/value and an ability to execute based on consistency and urgency
- Have the appetite and ability to comment & provide opinions and solutions on non-HR legal matters (HR and business related matters)
- Strong planning and collaboration skills
- High levels of energy, creativity and enthusiasm, with the ability to initiate and drive work independently
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Business level language skills in another language commonly used across Asia other than English (reading, writing and speaking)