A discussion organized by the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir on September 16, 2020. About 150 applicants participated in the interaction. All the applicants were deputed to intern with judges of High Court.
The interns highlighted that they are facing difficulties due to COVID-19 as they are deprived of the benefit of clinical workshops, interaction with, and lectures by the experts. These programs were very helpful as it enabled them to make their career choices.
To this effect, the High Court has invited eminent law persons from a wide domain to conduct sessions online during the period between October 10, 2020, and November 28, 2020 with the aim to provide exposure to the internscoupled with knowledge, information, and opportunities.
The names of the experts are:
- Criminal Law: Ms. Rebecca John, Mr. Sidharth Luthra, Mr. Mohit Mathur (Senior Advocates) with Mr. Bharat Chugh, Advocate.
- Civil Law: Mr. A.S Chandhiok, Mr. Sanjeev Sindhwani (Senior Advocates) with Mr. Rushab Agarwal, Advocate.
- Corporate Law: Ms. Pratibha Jain (Nishith Desai Associates) & Mr. Saikrishna Rajgopal (Saikrishna & Associates)
- Constitution Law: Mr. Shayam Divan, Mr. Parag Tripathi Senior Advocate, Ms. Madhavi Divan, Ms. Neelima Tripathi & Mr. Gautam Bhatia, Advocates.
- Arbitration Law: Mr. Gaurab Banerji, Mr. Gaurav Panchanadas (Senior Advocate) with Mr. Shashank Garg, Advocate.
Besides this, lectures will also be organized in the area of Career in Judiciary, Environment Law, Cyber Law, Privacy Law, Juvenile Justice Laws, and Gender Justice.
Shri Rajeev Gupta, Director, J&K Judicial Academy shall coordinate the program. The Schedule of the programs shall be announced and posted on the website within 3 days. The Jammu and Kashmir Judicial Academy shall host the program through the Cisco-Webex platform.