The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bangalore, has released a note on the technical requirements needed to write the NLAT Exam 2020 for admissions to its law courses this year. As per the notification issued by NLSIU, candidates who wish to appear for the National Law Aptitude Test 2020 (NLAT 2020) must ensure that their computer systems meet the following, among other, requirements/ specifications:
- Minimum Internet Bandwidth: 1 MBPS
- Desktops / Laptops only. No Ipads or Mobile Phones
- No Macs only on Windows: Windows 7 or above (Windows 10 recommended). The examination system will not run on any other operating systems, such as Mac OS, Linux, etc.
- Google Chrome; Google Chrome (84.0.4147.135 or later) only/
- Java Script must be enabled.
- The antivirus must be disabled.
- Integrated Webcam MANDATORY; The webcam must have a minimum resolution of 640x480.
- An integrated microphone mandatorily required.
- Use of wired/ wireless headphones/ earphones/ other audio devices shall not be permitted.
- Candidates must download and install the “Safe Assessment Browser (SAB) Tool.” Registered candidates shall be provided with a link to download the SAB tool in advance of the examination.
On September 3, 2020, NLSIU announced that it will be conducting its own online entrance test for admissions this year for its law programs. Registrations for the same are now open. The NLAT is slated to be conducted on September 12, 2020.