Recently the Centre accepted Bihar Government’s recommendation for CBI investigation in the SSR case. Anil Kumar Yadav, SP, CBI will be investigating the case further.
On Thursday, August 6,2020, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed an FIR “u/s 154 of CrPC” against Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik, their common friend Samuel Miranda and three others. The FIR was booked “under sections of IPC including Sec 306 (Abetment to Suicide), Sec 341 (Wrongful Restraint), Sec 342 (Wrongful Confinement), Sec 380 (Theft in Dwelling House), Sec 406 (Breach of Trust), Sec 420 (Cheating), Sec 506 (Criminal Intimidation) and Sec 120B (Criminal Conspiracy)”. Sources say that as part of the probe, CBI will take over documents from Bihar police, however they may wait for SC to give a clear order or direction so that they can initiate the probe in Mumbai as well.
Main allegations in the CBI FIR against Rhea, her father Indrojit, mother Sandhya, brother Showik and associate Samuel are as follows:
- Sushant Singh Rajput, who wanted to leave work in films and shift base to Coorg in Kerala, received no support from Rhea Chakraborty who had told him that she can't shift from Mumbai.
- On June 6, 2020, when Rhea thought that Sushant will not agree to stay in Mumbai, she took huge cash, jewelry, credit cards, important documents, laptop, and medical records and left his house. She also blocked Sushant's number on her phone.
- Sushant told his sister that Rhea has taken all documents and has threatened to disclose before the media that he has gone mad and no one will give him work.
- Before meeting Rhea in 2019, Sushant was not suffering from any mental disease. However, after meeting Rhea he became mentally disturbed. It should be investigated why Sushant became mentally disturbed.
- If Sushant was being treated for mental illness, why no consent was taken from the family members?
- Rhea took Sushant to her residence during the treatment and he was overdosed. Rhea told everyone that Sushant had dengue.
- Rhea was not letting Sushant sign any film. Whenever a proposal came, she forced Sushant to drop the projects if she was not cast as the main lead opposite him.
- Sushant's reliable and old staff was changed by Rhea and replaced by people known to her so that she can micro-manage Sushant.
- In December 2019, Rhea forcibly made Sushant change his mobile number to stop him from talking to his family and close people regularly. Rhea did not allow Sushant to visit his family in Patna.
- In 2019, Sushant had Rs. 17 crores in his account but within months Rs. 15 crores was transferred to accounts not linked to him. It should be investigated how much of that money has been defrauded by Rhea and her associates.