Union home secretary Ajay Bhalla wrote to chief secretaries of states and Union Territories on Sunday listing “delivery of newspapers” among the list of “essential items” during the restrictions.
“With the issue of first addendum, newspaper delivery supply chain under print media, transportation of all goods without distinction of essential and non-essential, pension under exemptions to clause 2(g), includes pension and provident fund services provided by Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO),” the order stated.
This approach was taken by the Government to restrain the spread of Virus in the country and clarification was made in this letter to the guidelines related to Essential Goods and Services.
- Transportation of all goods, without distinction of essential and non-essential, have been allowed;
- 'Pension' under exemptions to clause 2(g) include pension and provident fund services provided by Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO);
- Services of Indian Red Cross Society are also included under clause 3;
- Groceries include hygiene products such as hand washes, soaps, disinfectants, body wash, shampoos, surface cleaners, detergents and tissue papers, toothpaste / oral care, sanitary pads and diapers, battery cells, chargers etc.
- The entire supply chain of milk collection and distribution, including its packaging material, is allowed;
- Newspaper delivery supply chain is also allowed under print media.