SBI Youth for India Fellowship is recognized as the flagship program of SBI Foundation, it is a 13-month long fellowship that enables nation’s youth to work on rural development projects in partnership with experienced NGOs.
The fellowship provides a framework for India’s best minds to join hands with rural communities, emphathise with their struggles and connect with their aspirations. The Program seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
- Providing educated and passionate urban Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
There are three major requirements when it comes to the eligibility criteria of applicants: Anyone who fits into these are eligible for the fellowship.
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen/OCI
- A team player with proactive approach and strong leadership skills
- People-oriented as you will be interacting with rural communities on a constant basis
- Willing to commit to a 13-month long rural fellowship programme and adapt to life in challenging rural conditions
- The programme is about solving challenging rural problems and will train you to think innovatively, act proactively, exhibit leadership and acquire management skills.
- You will gain hands-on experience of rural markets, its linkages and an insight into the mind of the rural consumer and what comprises the ‘bottom of the pyramid’.
- This combination of knowledge and skills will be highly valued by many organisations in India, and will be of relevance in any career that you choose to pursue thereafter.
On successful completion of the fellowship, a candidate receives an adjustable amount of Rs. 40,000 and a certificate from SBI Youth for India. Please note SBI Youth for India does not offer any job post the completion of the 13-month programme. Fellowship Support
How to apply
- Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 40,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country
To apply online, click here
For any queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, visit the official website by clicking here