New Delhi, India  
International

Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: ICJ To Hold Public Hearing From February 18 to 21

By LawStreet News Network      04 October, 2018 12:00 AM      0 Comments
Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: ICJ To Hold Public Hearing From February 18 to 21

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) will hold a public hearing in the case of Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav from February 18, 2019, to February 21, 2019, next year at The Hague.

The first round of oral arguments will take place on February 18, 2019, when India will argue from 10 am to 1 pm. Pakistan will put forth their first-round arguments on February 19, 2019, from 10 am to 1 pm.

India will kick off the second round of oral arguments on February 20, 2019, from 3 pm to 4:30 pm, whereas Pakistan will conclude on February 21, 2019, from 3 pm to 4:30 pm.

"The hearings will be streamed live and on demand (VOD) in English and French on the Court's website as well as on UN Web TV, the United Nations online television channel," said the press release issued by the ICJ.

Earlier, in July 2018 Pakistan had submitted a 400-page reply as part of its rejoinder to India's last reply in April 2018.

Pakistan has submitted that its security forces arrested Jadhav from its Balochistan province in March 2016 after he reportedly entered from Iran. While India denying all the charges had said that Jadhav is innocent and that he was kidnapped from Iran where he had gone for handling his businesses after superannuation from the Indian Navy.

In May last year, India moved to the ICJ, thereafter which a 10-member ICJ bench on May 18, 2017, restrained Pakistan from executing Jadhav till the case was adjudicated on.

India had accused Pakistan of violating the Vienna Convention by not giving consular access to Jadhav. Further, it had also contended that Jadhav's trial should have been conducted by a civilian court.

Pakistan, in its counter-memorial, had stated that Jadhav was not an ordinary person as he had entered the country with the intent of spying and carrying out sabotage activities.

Jadhav was allegedly apprehended on March 3, 2016, after he illegally crossed into Pakistan via the Iran border, according to Pakistani officials.



Share this article:

User Avatar
About:


Leave a feedback about this
TRENDING NEWS

sc-approves-three-tier-nationwide-icu-framework-says-india-in-dreadful-position
Trending Judiciary
SC Approves Three-Tier Nationwide ICU Framework; Says India in “Dreadful Position”

Supreme Court approves nationwide three-tier ICU framework, calls India’s healthcare system in a “dreadful position”, and seeks urgent reforms.

21 May, 2026 10:55 AM
sc-pulls-up-sbi-says-banks-harass-small-borrowers-while-being-lenient-with-big-defaulters
Trending Judiciary
SC Pulls Up SBI, Says Banks Harass Small Borrowers While Being Lenient With Big Defaulters [Read Order]

Supreme Court criticised SBI and banks for being lenient with big defaulters while subjecting small borrowers to borderline harassment.

21 May, 2026 11:51 AM

TOP STORIES

senior-citizens-act-must-be-liberally-construed-rajasthan-hc-upholds-eviction-of-son-and-daughter-in-law
Trending Judiciary
Senior Citizens Act Must Be Liberally Construed: Rajasthan HC Upholds Eviction of Son and Daughter-in-Law [Read Judgment]

Rajasthan HC upheld the eviction of a son and daughter-in-law under the Senior Citizens Act, stressing protection and dignity of elderly parents.

16 May, 2026 01:54 PM
allahabad-hc-grants-bail-to-eight-accused-in-ganga-boat-iftar-case
Trending Judiciary
Allahabad HC Grants Bail to Eight Accused in Ganga Boat Iftar Case

Allahabad High Court grants bail to eight accused in the Varanasi Ganga boat iftar case; pleas of remaining accused still pending.

16 May, 2026 02:01 PM
why-the-supreme-courts-sc-st-act-ruling-on-public-view-is-neither-new-nor-regressive
Trending Judiciary
Why The Supreme Court's SC/ST Act Ruling On “Public View” Is Neither New Nor Regressive

Supreme Court’s “public view” ruling under the SC/ST Act applies settled law, not new restrictions, in the Gunjan @ Girija Kumari case.

16 May, 2026 04:08 PM
nia-files-7500-page-chargesheet-in-red-fort-blast-terror-conspiracy-case
Trending Crime, Police And Law
NIA Files 7,500-Page Chargesheet In Red Fort Blast Terror Conspiracy Case [Read Press Release]

NIA files 7,500-page chargesheet in Red Fort VBIED blast case, naming 10 accused linked to AQIS and AGuH terror conspiracy.

16 May, 2026 06:02 PM

ADVERTISEMENT


Join Group

Signup for Our Newsletter

Get Exclusive access to members only content by email