With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the National Human Rights Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’
since 1998 and 2000 respectively. This year the “Winter Internship Programme (WIP) 2018”
will commence from 20th December, 2018 (Thursday) to 18th January, 2019 (Friday)
(30 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country.Eligibility:
- Students who have completed 1st year and pursuing in 2nd OR 3rd year of 3 years LL.B. Course are eligible to apply.
- Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing M Course.
- Students pursuing MA in Human Rights, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics, Commerce, Anthropology, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Scienceswould be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
- Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
Brief Course Structure of WIP 2018 would be:
- A 500 words write-up (hand-written only) on the topic “Reason for joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with application which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (As indicated by them write-up).
- The merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class XII @ 30 Marks, Graduation @ 40 Marks and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 30 Marks.
Travelling Allowance & Stipend:
- Classroom sessions.
- Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC.
- Project work on Human Rights issues.
- State Presentation on human rights scenario of the State to which interns belong to.
- Book Review from NHRC Library.
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion.
- Field Visits.
- Cultural programme would be organized by interns on the eve of Valediction Day of the WIP 2018.
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed ordinary second-class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route
. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as stipend
An amount of Rs. 15,000/-
will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit. How to Apply?
The application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ By-Hand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for WIP 2018”)
to Dr. Sanjay Dubey, Director (Administration), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023. Application Deadline:
October 31, 2018. Contact:
Phone: 011–24663283, 24663371/ 9868393317 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday). Read the official notification below.