Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is a statutory multi-disciplinary body established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, & Climate Change, to combat organized wildlife crime in the country.
Internship at Wildlife Crime Control Bureau provides an excellent opportunity for students/researches to familiarize with various issues related to wildlife & the functioning of Wildlife Crime Control Bureau.
Under the internship programme the intern shall have an orientation session on the organization and would be assigned specific areas of work. They shall report to and work under the close supervision of Head of Department. The nature of work may be to collect & consolidate data on wildlife crimes or carryout any other task entrusted to them under the directions of the Head of Department.
The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau’s Headquarters is at Delhi and its five Regional offices are at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata & Jabalpur and sub-regional offices at Cochin & Guwahati. The intern may be attached to any of the offices.
- Students pursuing graduation/post-graduation/Diploma in any of the following
- Any subject related to Wildlife Management/Conservation/Protection.
- The applicant should not be in a regular job either in Public/Private Sector.
- The applicant should not be more than 30 years of age.
- The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
The internship shall be for a minimum duration of 1 month to a maximum of six
months. In deserving cases the duration can be further extended by the Additional
Certificate of Internship
Certificate will be issued by the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau to intern on:-
- Satisfactory completion of the internship;
- Submission of a report on completion of the internship.
How to Apply
- Interested students may apply only in the prescribed format given here.
- Application must contain recommendation of the Head of Institute in official
letter head from the academic institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her studies.
- The Application in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post of reach The Additional Director, Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, 2nd floor, Trikoot-I, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
- Envelope carrying application should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”.
- The Application should reach this office 5 weeks before the proposed date of commencement of the internship.
Read the official notification below.