National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) Internship Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India as “interns”.
The internship shall be available throughout the year based on the requirements of NISD.
Objectives of the Scheme
The Scheme has the following stated objectives:
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NISD’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “Interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the functions of the different Divisions of the NISD and their programmes and policies etc.
- To provide an opportunity for the officers of the Authority to interact with young thinking minds from reputed Institutions, as ideas from budding scholars will prove to be of importance for policy and planning inputs.
- To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced and support the work of NISD through practical work assignments.
Domains/ Areas available for Internship
- Senior Citizens Care
- Drug Abuse Prevention
- Other Social Defence Issues
Bonafide students from any background but, preferably Social Science background i.e. Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law etc. of any recognized University/Institution within India fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship.
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of second year / 4th semester of the Bachelor Degree Course, Post Graduate students & Research Fellows.
- They have secured 50% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
Fluency in English or Hindi is desirable for the internship.
The period of Internship shall be at least four weeks but not exceeding 3 months.
Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate. The intern shall be present in the office hours i.e. 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. in all working days. For experience, If the Director desires, the intern may travel for field experience.
A maximum of 5 interns is taken for the Internship at a time for each Division. This number may be relaxed beyond 5 with the permission of Director, NISD. The decision of the Director regarding the suitability of a candidate as an intern shall be final and binding.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit their application to the NISD in the format given in the notification below.
Read the official notification.