The High Court of Gujarat invites Online Applications, from eligible candidates, for filling up approximately 124 Regular Vacancies (existing & future), for selection, by way of Competitive Examinations, for the Cadre of Civil Judges, in the Pay-Scale of Rs. 27,700 – 770 – 33,090 – 930 – 40,530 – 1080 – 44,850 + Allowances, as admissible under the Rules.
- A prospective Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India & must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and/or Criminal Jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of Online Application.
Candidates, who have passed the Degree in Law from the academic year 2009-2010 and onwards, must have also passed the All India Bar Examination, in order to be considered as eligible for being termed as a Practicing Advocate OR must be working in the courts or other Allied Departments on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
Note: Candidates working in the Courts or other Allied Departments, must be holding LL.B. Degree of 03 Years’ Course or 05 Years’ Course from the recognised University.
- Must possess Certificate(s), certifying to be possessing Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation, issued by a Government Institute or other recognized Institute.
As on the last date fixed for submission of Online Application, a candidate belonging to General Category must not have crossed the age of 35 years and others i.e. in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes or Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, declared as such by the Government of Gujarat, as well as orthopedically Disabled Persons & Ex-Servicemen, must not have completed 38 years of age. The employees working in the Courts or other Allied Departments shall be allowed on a uniform basis, relaxation of a maximum period of 5 years or to the extent of equal number of years for which service has been put in by him/her, whichever is less, in the upper age limit. However, in any case, the Upper Age Limit for such Candidate under any Category shall not exceed 40 years, as on the last date of submitting the ‘Online Application’. Scheme of Examination
The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) shall be of 100 Marks, the duration whereof will be 2 Hours, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each of 01 Mark with Negative Marking of 0.33 Mark for each Wrong / Multiple Answer. The syllabus for the test is given in the notification below. How to apply
To apply online, click here
. Important Dates
Closing date for submission of On-line application: 01/03/2019 (23:59 Hrs.) Tentative Schedule
- Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): 05/05/2019
- Date of Main Written Examination: 07/07/2019
- Viva-voce Test (Oral Interview): October / November-2019
Read the official notification below.