Online applications are invited from candidates for admission to the competitive examination consisting of three parts, viz. preliminary written examination, main written examination and interview to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission for recruitment to 43 posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service.
Rs. 27,700 – 770 -33,090 – 920 – 40,450 – 1080 – 44,770 with usual DA and other allowances.
- A candidate must be a graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
- Must be a citizen of India.
- S/he must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard (i.e. Class VII) within the last date.
- A superintendent of a ministerial officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court subordinate to the High Court or as an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of the Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service.
- Age: A candidate must not be below 23 years of age and not above 35 years as on August 1, 2018. Age relaxation for reserved categories apply.
For full eligibility rules, refer to the official notification below.
Plan of Examination
Preliminary exam: The preliminary exam shall be of one paper carrying 100 marks with duration of one and half hours with objective type questions of multiple choice.
Main exam: The main exam shall be on 2 compulsory papers and 3 optional papers. The compulsory subjects shall carry 150 marks with a duration of 2.5 (2 and a half) hours and each of the optional subjects shall carry 120 marks with a duration of 3 hours.
The details of the subjects are given in the notification below.
Interview: Interview shall carry 100 marks. Questions to be asked in the interview may not ordinarily be outside the syllabus prescribed for the main examination.
How to apply
To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply is October 25, 2018.
Application fee of Rs. 300 needs to be paid at any SBI branch by Oct 29, 2018.
The hard copy of the form must be sent by registered post/speed post to Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P. K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753001.
The envelope should be superscribed ‘Application for the Post of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service – 2018’.
During filling the form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter over Ph: 1200 345 6770 of 155335 on government working days between 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
In case of difficulty in payment of fee, contact SBI at 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
Read the official notification below.