Amazon is looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving payments businesses. You will serve as the lawyer responsible for counselling the business on a broad range of payment and regulatory matters including co-branded credit card programs, gift card Products, pay with Amazon, points, currency conversion, and merchant services.
Principal duties include providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, drafting and negotiating complicated payments, co-brand and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counselling in a wide range of legal areas, including regulatory compliance.
A successful candidate should have a strong transactional background and be hardworking, proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations. Familiarity with a broad range of laws and commercial practices in the financial services industry will be helpful in this role. In-house experience at a technology or financial service company is a plus.
Throughout all the above tasks the Attorney will closely coordinate with the global legal teams and outside counsel.
- A minimum of 5+ years of legal experience in the financial sector (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
- Extensive experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters.
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
- Strong legal and business judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
- B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
- Additional CS qualification is desirable.
- In-house experience at a technology or financial service company.
- Familiar with the electronic financial services sector to counsel and assist with payments-related matters to support Amazon’s payments businesses (such as merchant processing arrangements, co-branded and private label credit offerings, payment association rules, gift or stored value cards, banking and credit laws, and financial privacy).
Familiarity with money service business compliance requirements, antimony laundering rules, know-your-customer requirements, and open loop stored value systems.
To apply online, click here.