New Delhi, India  
Judiciary

An 84-Year-Old Man Accused Of Raping A Minor To Undergo A DNA Test As Directed By SC [READ ORDER]

By Prachi Misra      20 July, 2020 01:28 PM      0 Comments
OldMan Accused Of Raping A Minor DNA Test

The Supreme Court charged an 84-Year-old man for an offense under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act for raping a minor and asked him to undergo a DNA test. The rape victim delivered a baby on 5th July 2020. The accused was denied bail, and thus filed a Special Leave Petition before the SC.

The accused in the SLP submitted that he is not responsible for the pregnancy of the daughter of the complainant girl. He submitted that his writ petition before the High Court is still pending. According to him, the complainant has filed a false case because he is a tenant and there was a dispute between the two for non-payment of rent.

The case was heard by the SC bench of Justices Ashok, Bhushan, Sanjay Kishan Kaul, and MR Shah.

Senior Advocate Kapil Sibal appeared for the 84-year-old man wherein he stated that he is incapable of sexual activities. He further reiterated that he is willing to undergo a DNA test and therefore prayed for bail.

Advocate Liz Mathew appeared on behalf of the state and placed before the court that the sample for the DNA test that had already been taken. 

Considering the notes, the bench ordered thus:

We have noted from the status report that sample for a DNA test of the petitioner has already been taken. Let the DNA test be conducted to determine the paternity of the child. List the matter after three weeks during which period the DNA report is brought on record.

 

 

[READ ORDER] 



Share this article:



Leave a feedback about this
TRENDING NEWS

senior-advocate-mahalakshmi-pavani-among-members-of-new-supreme-court-election-tribunals
Trending Judiciary
Senior Advocate Mahalakshmi Pavani Among Members of New Supreme Court Election Tribunals [Read Order]

Supreme Court forms two new Election Tribunals for State Bar Council poll disputes; Senior Advocate Mahalakshmi Pavani named a member.

19 May, 2026 11:48 AM
madras-hc-stays-tamil-nadu-cyber-crime-wings-omnibus-x-blocking-order-says-political-criticism-constitutionally-protected
Trending Judiciary
Madras HC Stays Tamil Nadu Cyber Crime Wing’s Omnibus X Blocking Order, Says Political Criticism Constitutionally Protected [Read Order]

Madras High Court stays Tamil Nadu Cyber Crime Wing’s omnibus X blocking order, holding political criticism is constitutionally protected speech.

19 May, 2026 12:36 PM

TOP STORIES

no-offence-under-sc-st-act-if-alleged-casteist-abuse-occurred-inside-private-house-sc
Trending Judiciary
No Offence Under SC/ST Act If Alleged Casteist Abuse Occurred Inside Private House: SC [Read Judgment]

Supreme Court rules SC/ST Act offence is not made out if alleged casteist abuse occurred inside a private house without public view.

14 May, 2026 03:16 PM
madras-hc-bars-tiruppattur-mla-from-floor-test-over-disputed-one-vote-victory
Trending Judiciary
Madras HC Bars Tiruppattur MLA From Floor Test Over Disputed One-Vote Victory [Read Order]

Madras High Court restrains Tiruppattur MLA from floor test participation over disputed one-vote victory and alleged electoral irregularities.

14 May, 2026 03:24 PM
pakistan-extends-nationwide-austerity-drive-until-june-13-as-us-iran-talks-collapse
Trending International
Pakistan Extends Nationwide Austerity Drive Until June 13 as U.S.-Iran Talks Collapse

Pakistan has extended its nationwide austerity drive until June 13, 2026, after U.S. President Donald Trump rejected Iran's peace proposal. Fuel cuts, vehicle restrictions, and salary reductions remain in force as Islamabad navigates an energy crisis rooted in the West Asia conflict.

14 May, 2026 03:39 PM
173-indians-among-198-foreigners-arrested-in-sri-lankas-expanding-cybercrime-crackdown
Trending International
173 Indians Among 198 Foreigners Arrested in Sri Lanka's Expanding Cybercrime Crackdown

Sri Lankan police arrested 198 foreigners, 173 Indians and 25 Nepalese, in the southern coastal towns of Galle, Hikkaduwa, and Midigama on May 11, 2026, as part of an ongoing cybercrime crackdown that has seen over 800 foreign nationals detained across the island nation since January 2026.

14 May, 2026 03:50 PM

ADVERTISEMENT


Join Group

Signup for Our Newsletter

Get Exclusive access to members only content by email