NIA Special Court, Patiala House, New Delhi Pronounces Sentence in Hurriyat Terror Financing Case. (RC-10/2017/NIA/DLI)
Today, NIA Special Court, Patiala House, New Delhi pronounced sentence convicting accused under various sections of UA(P) Act and IPC as follows:
A) Yasin Malik @ Aslam s/o Md. Ghulam Qadir Malik r/o Yasin Gali, Mayasuma, Srinagar, UT of J&K was sentenced to:
- 10 years rigorous imprisonment (RI) and fine under section 120B of IPC
- Life imprisonment and fine under section 121 of IPC
- 10 years RI and fine under section 121A of IPC
- 05 years RI and fine under section 13 of UA(P) Act r/w 120B of IPC
- 10 years RI and fine under section 15 of UA(P)Act r/w 120B of IPC
- Life imprisonment and fine under section 17 of UA(P) Act
- 10 years RI and fine under section 18 of UA( P) Act
- 10 years RI and fine under section 20 of UA( P) Act
- 5 years RI and fine under section 38 of UA(P) Act.
- 5 years RI and fine under section 39 of UA( P) Act.
B) The case pertains to the conspiracy of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, Amir of Jamaat-ud-Dawah and the secessionist and separatist leaders, including the members/cadres of the Hurriyat Conference, who acted in connivance with active militants of proscribed terrorist organisations viz Hizb-ul-Mijahideen, Dukhtaran-e-Millat, Laskhar-e-Taiba and others to raise, receive and collects funds domestically and from abroad through various illegal channels, including hawala, for funding separatist and terrorist activities in J&K to cause disruption in the Kashmir valley by way of pelting stones on security forces, systematically burning schools, damaging public property and waging war against India.
C) The case was registered suo moto by the NIA on 30.05.2017. Chargesheet was filed against 12 accused persons including two absconding accused persons namely Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, head of LeT and Yusuf Shah@ Salahuddin, head of HM, both based in Pakistan on 18.01.2018. Subsequently, first supplementary charge sheet was filed against one accused person on 22.01.2019 and second supplementary charge sheet was filed against 05 persons including convicted accused Yasin Malik on 04.10.2019.
D) Trial against the remaining 14 accused persons in the case continues.