Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Bar Council of India has decided to postpone the All India Bar Examination (AIBE). As per the notice, the exam to be conducted on January 24, 2021. The date for submitting the application has also been extended till December 03, 2020.
Previously AIBE was supposed to be held on August 16, 2020. But seeing the rise in Corona cases and frequent lockdown, BCI decided to postpone the date of examination to November 08, 2020. The Bar Council of India has again revised the date of examination, after seeing the current situation of the ongoing pandemic.
Revised schedule of AIBE-XV:
- Online registration begun on 16 May 2020
- The Last date of filing the application has been extended to 3 December 2020
- Online payments for application will remain open till 10 December 2020
- The Last date to complete the online application form is 15 December 2020
- Admit cards to be released on 5 January 2021
- New date of examination is 24 January 2021
All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is an open examination conducted twice every year which a lawyer needs to pass before being admitted to the Bar and is mandatory to practice law.