The Delhi State & District Consumer Courts Practitioner’s Welfare Association has decided to go on a protest march with a black band on hand on September 28th, 2018.
The protest march that will start at 3 PM from State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission to Delhi Secretariat is organized against the nil functioning in all consumer forums in Delhi due to the appointment of totally inefficient, incompetent, unskilled, retired and shirker persons.
“Our Association i.e. Delhi State & District Consumer Courts Practitioner’s Welfare Association (Regd.) has decided to symbolic protest march with black band on hand on 28th of September 2018, starting from State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission to Delhi Secretariat at 3 PM, against not only poor functioning almost NIL functioning in all consumer forums Delhi, the worst amongst all is New Delhi District Consumer Forum, due to appointment of totally inefficient, incompetent, unskilled, retired and shirker persons. Due to appointment of such persons all officials of said consumer forum are working arbitrarily, against the interest of consumers. They have no knowledge and experience in dealing with Consumer Protection Act,” Hony. Secretary Delhi State & District Consumer Courts Practitioner’s Welfare Association, Mr. Nikhlesh Jain, stated in a press release.
Besides the abovementioned problem, Mr. Jain stated that there is zero facilities for advocates & litigants in said Consumer Forum as well as State Commission of Delhi. “In the absence of proper sitting place, toilet, drinking water, air conditioners neither the Advocates nor litigants are able to work even in the State Commission,” Mr. Jain added.
Highlighting the problems, Mr. Jain stated that the association had made various request to the Commissioner, Food Supplies and Consumer Affairs that Bio-metric Machines for attendance of staff from top to bottom be installed in all the Consumer Forums so that timing of the staff of the forums may be regulated, however, nothing was done due to which most of the staff including President and Members do not follow the timetable as prescribed.
Following are the demands made by the association:-
- According to Judgment passed by the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in writ petition No. WP(c) 11424/2016 matter titled as Delhi State & District Consumer Courts Practitioner’s Welfare Association Delhi v. GNCTD, Delhi is one District, notification in this regard be issued with immediate effect;
- The appointments procedure of the presidents and members be made transparent as the selecting committee is not functioning properly;
- The presidents and members be appointed from amongst the sitting judges of the DHJS/States/Advocates;
- Experience in the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, must be given preference over academic certificates/knowledge;
- Bio-metric attendance be made mandatory with the provision of deduction of salary;
- Mandatory 120 cases disposal on merits per month, be made a rule & basic amenities be improved;
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986, be given true spirits as being a benevolent legislation instead of making it PARKING SPACE for the retired government officials and judges who lack basic knowledge, acumen, temperament and psyche of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.